Written By Geoff Talbot – Co-Founder Of The Seven Sentence Blog.
If you want to grow your presence in the digital space in 2015, then you may need to think about blogging more effectively — here are 7 ideas that could help. I’m doing a little experiment, please tweet the statement that is most helpful for you, who know we may even get a little viral buzz going.
1. Never blog to sell a product or a service, always blog to build trust and strengthen your relationships with others (Tweet).
2. Imagine that your blog is the only mechanism or method that you have at your disposal to influence the world — what would you say and how would you say it (Tweet)?
3. Don’t try and appeal to everyone with your blog, instead identify your favorite readers or clients and create content specifically for them (Tweet).
4. If you can’t write, don’t or learn very quickly, it’s imperative that you choose a communication style that best suits your personality and naturally reflects your own creative expression — you can take photographs, interview people, speak via video, share artwork etc, the options are endless (Tweet).
5. Authenticity is important, but you can be authentically boring, authentically narcissistic or authentically neurotic — so don’t simply seek to have an authentic voice, also seek to have a genuinely remarkable voice that is both compelling and impossible to resist (Tweet).
6. Great blogging is nearly always emotional, so work from a place of raw passion that desires to move people from one state to another — don’t just give information, that is a poor way to communicate (Tweet).
7. As with every interaction in life, the goal of every blog post is simply to build more trust, we do this through the mutual sharing of vulnerability, humor, adventure and passion –> trust is built through listening and sharing, and the process of engagement is impossible without these qualities. (Tweet).
To discover how a 90-minute session with me, could help you create a community that is also good for your business, read this.