As part of a new seven sentence series of guest blogs we are asking influential people to write helpful seven blogs for artists on how they can use the internet to benefit their careers.
Seven Ways To Grow Your Artistic Career With Social Media:
- Networking: First of all, social Media enables artists and creative people to easily find and connect with other like-minded individuals.
- Relationship Building: The power of social media enables us to turn our networking contacts into valuable relationships and life changing opportunities!
- Branding: Social media is the perfect place to develop and strengthen your brand identity in order to stand out from the crowd.
- Marketing: Social media is a free art marketing opportunity, for example, send out special updates announcing gallery openings, art exhibitions, artist gatherings, chats, art promotions and new available art.
- Drive traffic: Easily direct your social media following with links to your website, Esty store, Flickr portfolio, video channel, art gallery, recent blog post, or newly created piece of art.
- Contests & Giveaways: Hold your own Facebook or Twitter contest or giveaway and grab attention by offering a free print, painting, mug or t-shirt to your top re-tweeters or loyal followers.
- Hashtags: Be sure to use the power of a ‘hashtag’ (the # symbol, ig: #arttip, #art) to further refine and target your audience with your tweets and Pinterest, and Google Plus updates.
2012 Copyright Seven Sentences – Artistic Career in Social Media