1. Feel free to argue but the number one problem with Hollywood remakes is that original is almost always better.
2. They are absolute creativity killers, they don’t foster new writing talent and they send a discouraging message to young artists.
3. They are almost always driven by the bottom line and not by the creative process.
4. It’s difficult to have a plot with a twist – the audience members always have a pretty good idea about what is going to happen next.
5. There is little risk, very little journey into the unknown, very little exploration into a new world or story… they are generally predictable and uncomfortably safe and dull.
6. The filmmakers nearly always end up copying the original because the original film is indelibly etched into their imagination.
7. It is an insult to foreign films (and other countries) when Hollywood Americanizes a story that was rich in another culture and language.