1. The nature of the content must be shareable; viral blog posts must offer something of value that encourages people to share it with others.
2. The title is paramount, it needs to speak to the common guttural human urges i.e. in the case of our viral blog post “NOT to worry”.
3. The content will mostly likely be about something other than yourself.
4. Numbered Steps or Lists are finite and feel actionable to the reader.
5. Blog posts that someone may wish to print out and pin to their notice board as a “reminder” each day are more likely to go viral.
6. You need to SHARE your viral blog post over the social networks at least once a day while it is still hot, this keeps the viral buzz going for longer.
7. Look at your old blog posts, see which ones were shared the most and work out why; you can always tweak them and republish.