7 things NOT to worry about as you pursue your dream

Your Age – it’s just a number in a head; the world is full of people of all ages who have followed their dreams.

Success & Failure – it is the pursuit of the dream and not the final outcome that makes your life a success.

If You are Talented Enough - it is the brave who succeed, and not necessarily the talented.

Financial Wealth & Security – nothing will inhibit your adventures like your love of comfort.

Bad Days & Rough Seasons - your motivation will come and go, persist on even the toughest of days.

Your Sanity - the world will say that you’re crazy until you succeed.

Kick Start your Dream in only 7 days –  Right Here

2014 Copyright – Seven Sentences – Pursue Your Dream

64 Responses to “7 things NOT to worry about as you pursue your dream”

1. Lynne Holder December 22, 2011 at 11:44 am #

Somehow, Geoff, you always have something to say that resonates with me. I love all the truths here.

Merry, merry Christmas to you, Athaliah, and little Gabriel. What a wonderful gift you have been given. :)

• Geoff Talbot January 2, 2012 at 1:08 pm #

Thanks for sharing and for being so, so encouraging as always Lynne. I hope you have a wonderful new year and many of your dreams come true.

Gabriel is amazing and we are very happy but tired!

2. Noah Lomax December 23, 2011 at 7:33 pm #

Profundity wrapped in simplicity. Great thoughts!

• Geoff Talbot January 2, 2012 at 1:05 pm #

Wow what a great tag line for seven sentences. Thanks Noah!

3. Christopher Gray December 26, 2011 at 1:28 pm #

This is just great.

• Geoff Talbot January 2, 2012 at 1:04 pm #

Thanks Christopher! We are pleased to have your company at Seven Sentences!

4. Julianne Harvey February 7, 2012 at 3:48 pm #

Love these seven things, Geoff – so true!

5. Anne @ GreenEggs&Moms February 20, 2012 at 7:39 pm #

Glad i stumbled on this. I’ve been having a rough time in terms of pursuing my dreams.. Great reminder especially the one about persisting despite rough times.

• Geoff Talbot March 18, 2012 at 9:50 pm #

Thanks friend – keep going, one step at a time, and sit down for a break when you need

6. CoachdjRN February 22, 2012 at 8:11 am #

After reading this, i said to myself, i have to share this — its good stuff Geoff ~ simple and real – i really liked it – i am all about simplification  ~ thank you ! Yes ! – CoachdjRN

7. Geoff Talbot February 29, 2012 at 1:04 pm #

Thanks for your tweets and your shares everyone, with your help this post has gone VIRAL! Awesome… Keep chasing your dream! Never Give Up!

8. Oskar Laffont March 6, 2012 at 10:04 pm #

super wise!

9. Teronze7 March 13, 2012 at 12:14 pm #

Wonderful insight!

10. Mike March 19, 2012 at 5:42 pm #

Thanks.  I needed to hear this.

11. Anonymous March 27, 2012 at 5:27 pm #

Brilliant.

12. tamra924 April 5, 2012 at 4:03 pm #

Geoff, you always seem to know exactly what I need to hear to change my perspective and get me back on the right track….Thank you!

• Geoff Talbot April 6, 2012 at 11:27 am #

Hi Friend,

I am glad I can help. Keep going… success isn’t guaranteed but life is always found on the adventure.

13. moutier alexandra April 11, 2012 at 9:41 am #

Other Peoples Opinions – the world is full of cynical people too afraid to follow their own dreams.:that’s this sentence which I prefer

14. Buttermilksilk April 11, 2012 at 11:19 am #

Definitely the truth!

15. Geoff Talbot April 11, 2012 at 1:10 pm #

I appreciate your comments friend

16. CarolineMoore April 14, 2012 at 8:52 am #

Wonderful Wonderful!!!:)

17. Tim Freeman Trio April 17, 2012 at 8:10 am #

short. sweet. to the point. excellent post

• Geoff Talbot December 26, 2012 at 8:24 pm #

Thanks so much for stopping by Tim! Have a great 2013!

18. Arny April 24, 2012 at 12:39 pm #

I love this dude…
    amen!

19. Louise Broadbent May 6, 2012 at 3:34 am #

Sometimes optimism is a real life-saver and I appreciate the benefit of it. It’s just…it’s not going to pay the rent. Now I’m not saying ‘Give up your dreams! You need to pay the rent!’ I’m just saying don’t give up your day job in the process until you’re in a financial position to do so. And I know you’re not saying you should but ‘thing’ number 5 does allude to it. You’ve got to be realistic, that’s all. Following your dreams is not going to be any easier if you’re homeless.

• Geoff Talbot August 1, 2012 at 9:28 pm #

Hi Louise, thanks for your sage comment here. I agree… dreaming from a secure base is a good idea… Dreaming of a future where your dreams are financially viable is also a good idea. Thanks for sharing!

• MPG October 9, 2012 at 2:19 pm #

A big part of optimism is staying focused on your dreams and pursuing the work that you love and that also pays the rent. #5 is alluding to bravery, its making tough decisions that take you out of your comfort zone and onto a path that you may not have the map for. We should all be realistic, however, we may have a different definition for that word. I don’t equate following your dreams with homelessness, thats only “realistic” if you think in those terms. Everyone of us has immense potential and you must strive for optimism and positivity everyday, if you can do that, your dreams will soon follow!

20. GadgetsBoy May 6, 2012 at 12:02 pm #

beautiful…thanks for the inspiration

21. Andy in Kent May 14, 2012 at 2:28 am #

Inspiring stuff !

22. Carolyn Nicander Mohr August 15, 2012 at 4:49 pm #

Excellent advice, Geoff. This is a classic! Great motivation.

• Geoff Talbot August 17, 2012 at 1:46 pm #

Thanks for stopping by Carolyn… you are on the cutting edge of new things with your blog. Everyone should check it out!

23. Anthony Molina August 29, 2012 at 9:57 pm #

Amazing!!! =)

24. House of Minerva September 6, 2012 at 10:53 am #

Sometimes you just need to jump in with both feet and take the big risks. I walked away from a six figure salary to do what I love, don’t regret it one day. Not making that now, but I’m doing what I love and am happier than I’ve ever been. You have to take chances and sometimes forced to work hard. If you are always secure, you may not work as hard. Most entrepreneurs today are exactly that, and successful, because they were forced to. Loss of job, divorce, etc.

• Geoff Talbot December 26, 2012 at 8:21 pm #

This is a really interesting comment… often hardship or circumstances can be the thing that sets you free to share!

25. Vicki October 8, 2012 at 10:55 pm #

Wow…you just got me where I’m living right now. Especailly the age thing. Thanks for posting…

• Geoff Talbot December 26, 2012 at 8:22 pm #

Thanks Vicki… I am glad we could help! I hope 2013 is an amazing year for you

26. Shelley Gross October 20, 2012 at 6:24 pm #

Yes, you definitely have some sceptics around you in biz, but use it as motivation to succeed. Think big, but take small steps. I love what I do, and it doesn’t feel like work. Even when stepping out of my comfort zone, I know that I am benefiting.

• Geoff Talbot December 26, 2012 at 8:23 pm #

It is true. Thanks for sharing Shelley… sometimes small steps can take you a great distance

27. Tanara McCauley November 9, 2012 at 12:39 am #

Great post. I particularly like the warning about love of comfort. Dream chasing requires risk taking.

28. HubertsVoice December 2, 2012 at 5:29 pm #

If pursuit of dreams is a mark of a successful life, then gaze now upon a very successful person. Broke but successful. I also have a son named Gabriel. Thanks for the list, but I seldom worry about those things anyway. You have an interesting mind.

• Geoff Talbot December 2, 2012 at 7:28 pm #

It’s a great name. Thanks for stopping by and thanks for being a dreamer

• HubertsVoice December 2, 2012 at 9:50 pm #

Without dreamers, this conversation would not have been possible.

——————————

29. Michelle Capaldi December 20, 2012 at 1:22 pm #

Well said!

30. lhoenigsberg December 26, 2012 at 8:36 pm #

You are so right. I started college at 51-years-old. I’m now 61 and a private practice psychotherapist. Next stop…published book and speaking engagements! And it’s fun just pursuing these dreams, whether I live long enough to see them all fulfilled is besides the point.

31. Radka Vlachova January 10, 2013 at 2:59 pm #

I’m so glad I found this page it makes me to go on and pursue my dream

32. jcolema7 January 11, 2013 at 1:29 am #

…This is so dope!…

33. Mary Suzanne Ordonio March 27, 2013 at 8:49 pm #

I love it. Thank you! I will be an actress someday!

34. Siquoyiaissoul April 30, 2013 at 11:09 pm #

I really needed to read this. I’m a singer,songwriter. I’m always thinking I’m not good enough. Also I listen to what everybody says about what type of artist I should be. I’m going to start following my intuition! Thankyou!

35. Paul Jolicoeur July 31, 2013 at 10:17 pm #

Very encouraging!

1. Seven Ways To Create Viral Blog Posts | Seven Sentences - March 1, 2012

[...] one of our Blog Posts (Seven Things NOT to Worry About As You Pursue Your Dream) went viral; over two months later it is still sending 100 plus visitors to our site each [...]

2. TODAY’S FEATURED ARTIST – SEVEN SENTENCES BY GEOFF TALBOT « Pangaea Art Gallery - March 29, 2012

[...] Seven things not to worry about as you pursue your dream [...]

3. Dear Friend, It’s Time To Give Up On Your Dreams. | Seven Sentences - July 10, 2012

[...] a long time now I have watched as you have bravely and with much determination pursued your dreams. There is no easy way to say this, BUT it is time to stop with the dreaming. You have tried for [...]

4. Seven things not to worry about as you pursue your dream | Seven Sentences « All About Wytchwhisper - October 15, 2012

[...] Seven things not to worry about as you pursue your dream [...]