Bad Predictions

The world is not full of dreamers; instead it’s full of people making bad predictions (read) telling you not to dream.

Should you listen?

No… live your dream, chase it, run with it in all it’s fullness, chaos and raw beauty.

The world is really just a sports stadium full of fans and critics sitting in their seats with their hot-dogs, cheering and booing while the 20-30 athletes in the arena chase their dreams.

No one knows your future or the breadth and depth of your talent; not even you; enjoy discovering and finding out what you are capable of.

So many infamously bad “future predictions” have been made about any number of successful people. Your success, your dream, your future, does not rest in the hands of the fan sitting in the stadium; for they hold only their hot-dogs and not your dream.

The worst of bad predictions is in fact theirs; that they may continue to sit; remaining in the stands of life,  desperately in need of some exercise.

2011 Copyright – Seven Sentences – Bad Predictions

11 Responses to “Bad Predictions”

1. Paul Angone - All Groan Up July 28, 2011 at 7:24 pm #

“No one knows your future or the breadth and depth of your talent; not even you”. Love that line. Thanks Geoff for this encouragement to keep running when all the cheers have gone silent…

• Geoffreytalbot July 28, 2011 at 9:33 pm #

Thanks Paul – keep running yourself friend!

2. Lizzie July 28, 2011 at 7:47 pm #

Great stuff.  My grandmother always told me that whatever you decide to do and wherever you decide to go is between you and God alone.  Because no one else can fully understand your purpose in life.  I’m learning to live by that, even though I’m a sucker for affirmation from family and friends.  It’s so true.

3. Peter Paluska July 28, 2011 at 8:11 pm #

I hear you, Geoff! It is best to spend as little time as possible in the stands and head for the playing field as soon as, usually before, we are ready to take on the challenges of our life’s work. Nice going, my friend!

4. Peter Paluska July 28, 2011 at 8:11 pm #

5. Lucy Willetts July 28, 2011 at 8:15 pm #

Everybody should remember that without dreams they’ve got NOTHING! :)

6. Lucy Willetts July 28, 2011 at 8:15 pm #

Everybody should remember that without dreams they’ve got NOTHING! :)

7. Roger Peace, Jr. July 29, 2011 at 11:32 am #

Great thoughts… what I find sad is I am often content being in the stands watching! Thanks for the challenge!

8. Julianne Harvey July 29, 2011 at 2:22 pm #

Good thoughts, Geoff.  Love the image of the cheering crowd vs. the athletes actually chasing their dreams.  It is always easier to comment on what others are doing than have the courage to pursue what you desperately want to be doing.  Thanks for the inspiration this morning.