7 Great Tips on How To Twitter

How do you twitter – Seven Tips:

1. My number 1 rule is to never tweet “updates” unless they are remarkably interesting, no one is really interested in reading that “Bob is off to the pharmacy,” unless…

3. And this is the number 2 rule, “Bob is wondering if it is kosher to flirt with the cute pharmacy girl while buying haemorrhoid cream?” So please try and tell micro-stories.

5. Use questions and suggestions in your 140 Characters as they stimulate conversation

7. How do you twitter… experiment a lot, it’s fascinating to discover what grabs someones attention, which micro-stories work and which ones don’t.

9. Endeavor to reply after all Twitter is best when it is a conversation.
  10.

11. Use applications like Tweetdeck or HoutSuite to manage your tweets.
  12.

13. Don’t spend all your time in on-line communities, live a real life with real people otherwise you will run out of interesting things to tweet about.

P:S Click Below To Get Your Own Custom Designed Twitter Profile.

Purpose of twitter profile

Get Your Own Personally Designed Twitter Profile

2013 Copyright Seven Sentences – How Do You Twitter

16 Responses to “7 Great Tips on How To Twitter”

1. Melphillipsmusic June 16, 2011 at 5:09 pm #

This was my tweet today….

The bf brought me a flower on our walk as a sign of his love – “Do you know what that is?” I asked, “no” He replied, “It’s Hemlock….”

@lilmissphillips:twitter

2. Lizzie June 16, 2011 at 6:05 pm #

Is it too nerdy to wear my Leopold Bloom shirt tonight to the Bloomsday festival?

There…I think that’s something of a realistic micro story!  Great advice.

3. Geoff Talbot June 16, 2011 at 6:07 pm #

Car Crashes up onto footpath and into fence in Hollywood yesterday; old man gets out of drivers seat WITH his zimmer frame

4. Chris Lefevre June 16, 2011 at 7:21 pm #

There are some times when the smallest and concise stories make the biggest and  emotional impacts upon our creative and impulsive souls.

• Geoff Talbot June 18, 2011 at 8:29 pm #

I sometimes think that in its essence a story is simply a smile, an utterance or a groan…

Don’t know why I try and tell sevensentence.com stories …

5. James Stanbridge June 17, 2011 at 2:49 am #

Great perspectives Geoff. Thanks for sharing.

I would add  2 thoughts:

1) is a habit I try (often fail) to keep, and that is to #hashtag every tweet.
    2) if you want to be retweeted, don’t use all 140 characters in your initial tweet, allow for the RT @yourname at least!!

• Geoff Talbot June 17, 2011 at 3:39 pm #

Good point James… especially the retweet. Thanks for adding to the discussion.

6. EvaUlian June 17, 2011 at 10:31 am #

Twitter is becoming an orgy of urls, of which I for one am most guilty, taking the “social” out of the “web-site” No??

7. EvaUlian June 17, 2011 at 10:41 am #

It is one of those days not sculptured with purpose, blank & yet it has the same 24 hours as all the rest. How do I give meaning to the day?

• Geoff Talbot June 17, 2011 at 3:38 pm #

philosophical I love the way, the day shapes it’s own course in the delirium of ur tweet

8. Pcrider0005 June 22, 2011 at 9:28 pm #

There’s only one prayer  God doesn’t answer: the one that isn’t prayed.

9. Perucha619 June 23, 2011 at 2:38 am #

My tweet today was

‘MTV wen from “my super sweet 16″ to “16 and pregnant”
    DAMNNN SHAMEEE’

Haha i got like 9 retweets(:

Follow please? (: @askSumbody

10. Lisa P June 25, 2011 at 6:07 am #

I tweeted this tonight:
    In a fit of impatience I told my sweet five year old son to: “Stop being such a boob!” Bad mom? Nah, it’s way too funny!

I’m still fairly new to twitter but realized after I may attract the wrong followers by using “boob”…thoughts? I’m also new to your blog and I find your seven sentences very helpful, thank-you!

• Geoff Talbot June 25, 2011 at 3:08 pm #

that is funny Lisa… I’m sure your five year old found it hilarious too. Thanks for the feedback and welcome. G