Famous Wrong Predictions:
In the world of art & entrepreneurship be encouraged… when it comes to innovation no one really knows anything…
1. “Drill for oil? You mean drill into the ground to try and find oil? You’re crazy.” Opponents to Edwin L Drakes wrongly predicting his plan to drill for oil in 1849 would fail.
2. “We don’t like their sound, and guitar music is on the way out.” Decca Recording Co. infamous rejection of the Beatles in 1962; wrong again.
3. “I’m just glad it’ll be Clark Gable who’s falling on his face not Gary Cooper.” A famous wrong prediction from Gary Cooper as he decides not to take the leading role in “Gone With The Wind.”
4. “Who the hell wants to hear actors talk?” H.M. Warner on having talking in movies? Warner Brothers, 1927.
5. “So we went to Atari and said, ‘Hey, we’ve got this amazing thing, even built with some of your parts, and what do you think about funding us? Or we’ll give it to you. We just want to do it. Pay our salary, we’ll come work for you.’ And they said, ‘No.’ So then we went to Hewlett-Packard, and they said, ‘Hey, we don’t need you. You haven’t got through college yet.’” Apple Computer Inc. founder Steve Jobs on attempts to get Atari and HP interested in his and Steve Wozniak’s personal computer.
6. “You’d better learn secretarial skills or else get married.” – Modeling agency,wrongly rejecting Marilyn Monroe in 1944.
7. This is one of my favorite wrong prediction“Everything that can be invented has been invented.” Charles H. Duell, Commissioner, U.S. Office of Patents, 1899.
Does anybody know anything? These Wrong Predictions suggest otherwise…
2011 Copyright - Seven Sentences – Wrong Predictions